Here is my latest Face of Ventura - lovely librarian Star Soto.
So WHAT AM I THINKING WHILE I AM PAINTING STAR FOR MY NEW ART PROJECT BEING FEATURED IN THE VENTURA BREEZE EACH EDITION?
This is a public demo.
1. I wish my back wasn't against an open door. I am cold. So is the sitter.
2. I need to get some good color going here with my limited palette. The room's light is not the best and we are near a restroom, even worse. I bring a backdrop fortunately so I can block out that uninspiring view. I hope no-one trips on my light wire. Will I get sued?
3. My sitter comes straight from a day of work. She must be hungry. I need to give her some breaks. A lot of people are eating around us which doesn't help.
4. My drawing had better be 'on'. Star's family show up. Not to mention, the public passing by.
I get a good likeness from early on ! Yes!
5. I need to make good shapes in her hair. Seems important to the 'feel' of Star. This takes me time.
6. That guy talking to me who is telling me 'how amazing' my work is, smells like a five-day old brewery. Take comments with a pinch of salt
7. Remind myself, public demos and locations can be a challenge. Always prepare. Take nothing for granted. Ever.