Instagram

Monday, December 20, 2010

MS KATE MIDDLETON...365 Days of Drawing



13 DAYS TO GO...

Guessed correctly on Facebook, yes, yesterday's block-in was for a sketch portrait of Miss Kate

Middleton. I have
admired the dignity this young lady has carried herself with through her goldfish bowl courtship over the last eight years with the future King of England. Just hope, she copes with the GIANT GLOBAL bowl she will now live in for the rest of her life.

I wanted to capture some of this, a pensive moment, a confident smart, beautiful, young woman finally marrying the man she clearly loves but on the threshold of a huge tidal wave.

Most pictures of her she shows a quick-to-smile face with teeth. I didn't want that. I combined a couple of images to get more of the look I wanted, reflecting this moment in time. THAT RIGHT EYE was really important to the whole feel It took me some time. She will become the most photo'd woman in the world shortly - and probably the most painted and drawn too.

I like what I got. I think it is one of my favorite sketches from the year, not that it is terribly complicated, but probably because I was also a huge fan of Princess Diana's and like the rest of the world watched Prince William grow up, fascinated by it all.

I have a real soft spot for him and I think he has made an excellent choice in this young woman.

4 comments:

Gwen Bell said...

Gorgeous! And OOPS! I called her "Sarah" in the post below. Where did that come from? Who's Sarah? Oh well. Absolutely wonderful work!

Roseanne said...

Well said and beautifully drawn!!

Johanna Spinks said...

That made me chuckle Gwen. You were thinking Sarah Ferguson...

Johanna Spinks said...

thank you Rosie as always for your support this year.