Instagram

Monday, March 30, 2015

California Gold Museum Weekend

Opening Night


Dear friends:

Just wanted to share some personal pix from this weekend's opening festivities as finalist in  the California Art Club's 104th Gold Medal Juried Exhibition. 

I have been lucky enough to be in this prestigious show in the past so was really looking forward to what I knew would be a great weekend.

I was so happy that my palette knife portrait of my daughter, "The Homecoming",  was hung so beautifully,  two over from the Gold Medal Painting Prize winner Jim McVicker, pictured, with that stunning self portrait of his. Great guy too.  It's a super show and on for another month at the USC Fisher Museum, so catch it and see over 200 terrific pieces or view it all online here:


I also love the CAC show statement in the entrance way, which is why I included it here in the pix, not just to show off my Artists'  Sunday brunch outfit.

Thanks to the California Art Club for all they do for us artists. Really!

I feel inspired and honored to be part of this great group and historical show. 

Thanks to all who came, especially to lovely artist/friend Theresa Walker Harris, pictured with me,  who flew in especially to the show - and  took these pix. 
"The Homecoming"
12"x9"
Oil on linen via palette knife
By Johanna Spinks

No comments: