Instagram

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Capturing a Great Man and True Friend

The world has lost a wonderful man, writer/director Mr. Paul Almond, O.C. I was honored to paint his portrait about 14 years ago after he was awarded The Order of Canada, the highest civilian honor. Many good times followed. We became friends along with his lovely photographer wife Joan. Mr. Almond's portrait now hangs in The Paul Almond Center, Canada.

He will be greatly missed by myself and many others who he touched with his creativity, generosity  of spirit and zest for life. Mr. Almond had just finished writing book number 12!

Read Mr. Almond's obituary in today's New York Times:

obituarynewyorktimes

I will always smile when I think of Paul and I am so glad I got to paint his portrait. The wonder of portraiture! The great people you meet.
Close-Up
Mr. Paul Almond, Order of Canada
By Johanna Spinks

Paul's portrait hanging at the Frederick R. Weisman Museum of Art in 2002 at Malibu Art Association Show, where it won First Place. Photo:Joan Almond

One of my favorite pictures, Mr. Paul Almond at his portrait sitting. Photo:Joan Almond


No comments: