Instagram

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

My New BFF, Dreama Tolle Perry

"Dreama Dreaming"
By Johanna Spinks
18x24"
In the collection of Dreama Tolle Perry
You could say this lady I just sketched is my new BBF!

I have admired artist/writer Dreama Tolle Perry for quite a few years now. She speaks in an art language uniquely her own. Her work is uplifting and witty, brilliant in execution, her joy for life contagious.

Dreama is the total art 'package'. She has carved out a loyal and large art following, teaching workshops across the country and selling everything she paints. She let's people into her life; she reveals that her favorite color is purple, chocolate has her at 'hello', and her cute cat Eddie frequently demands her attention, often being the star of her colorful paintings.

Ms. Perry changed the way I thought about art especially in my "High Days and Holidays" series of hat paintings, along with my personal sketch books.

 I realized that it was o.k. to paint, and reveal, my more fun, feminine side - alongside doing serious portrait commissions and public portrait projects.

"Spring Delicacy"
By Dreama Tolle Perry
www.dreamatolleperry.com


Fast forward to this Holiday week when I decided to paint this sketch of Dreama. We have become friends over the last year or so and Dreama being Dreama just did the most gracious post about our portrait's back story after seeing  it this week.

Read Dreama's post here hats-off-johanna-spinks

Also, if you are looking for a great motivational one-of-a-kind art experience Dreama is just about to launch her new art teaching baby, an online masterpiece course,  like no other, that she has been working on for months. It is called "Dream. Love. Paint" and promises to be very special. She even renovated a cottage just for the filming of the series. Painted purple/lilac of course!

http://dreamatolleperry.com/dream-love-paint/


"Pink, White and Ed"
By Dreama Tolle Perry
www.dreamatolleperry.com



"Mint Julips"
By Johanna Spinks
High Days and Holidays Collection
www.johannaspinks.com





2 comments:

Dreama said...

Ummm....LOVING THIS :-) !! Honored to have been painted by one of the premier portrait artists of our time while also being labeled as your BFF! I love everything you do and how you do it. You capture magic in your paintings and it simply doesn't get any better than that~

Your BFF,
Dreama

Johanna Spinks said...

Thanks so much Dreama, I feel the same about you. You certainly know how to make a girl feel good. And then some.I think lunch had better be on me next time you are in town, haha.