Instagram

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Go Big or Go Home?

My 2017 New Year Resolution of painting all portraits via palette knife is off to a bright start.

 I went large format for the first time ever this week in a life sitting painting my pal Keri and it was exhilarating.  My brain had to really work hard to get out of its' comfort zone.  At first I wasn't sure I could do it.

I now realize I have been building up to this for a long time.

Thank you Art Spirit.

 Stay tuned. It's going to be a year like no other in my art life. 




"Lush"
36"x36"
Oil on canvas via palette knife
By Johanna Spinks

The life sitting with Keri
About two hours in. 

1 comment:

Gatepost productions said...

Incredible! I mean there's large format and there again there's ... LARGE FORMAT woo hoo!


Got your card btw, many thanks it's gorgeous.