Instagram

Friday, August 18, 2017

Painting California State Senator Henry Stern

I am honored recently to have painted California State Senator Henry Stern for my Face of Malibu portrait project now in its' fifth year. Senator Stern was my 59th sitter painted for this series kindly featured in The Malibu Times each month with articles (by writer Homaira Shifa) about their life and what they thought about being painted.

I did the portrait sketch of this very busy senator in a single two hour sitting and am very grateful he made the time for me.

Senator Stern is the first millennial elected to the California State Senate and we covered a lot of ground conversationally during the sitting. I wish you could have been a fly on the painting wall.

Please read more about this inspiring environmental lawyer, now a Senator, with a very bright political future ahead of him.  I feel the Gold State, us Californians,  are in very good hands.

click here_to read Senator Stern's  life story by the wonderful Homaira Shifa.

The Face Of Malibu will have a solo show at Malibu City Hall this Fall in conjunction with The Malibu Cultural Arts' Committee. I paint my 60th sitter next week! Stay tuned.

California State Senator Henry Stern
Single life sitting
For The Face of Malibu by Johanna Spink
A Special Time...Thank You Senator Stern


Portrait In Progress







No comments: