Instagram

Friday, November 17, 2017

Are you a VIP? - In The Green Room

So far this year I have painted 15 large format palette knives, from life sitters,  in two 3 hour sittings. They have challenged me, turned my art brain inside-out as I am so used to painting in the way I paint, sight-size usually. I have felt some art fear, some art embarrassment but something kept me going. Explore, explore. 

I thank Julia for this latest sitting and LuksMarbella for this wall. 

I chose a harmony of cool greens for this one going from an olive-yellow green to a phalo green with a verona green mixed in too. Oh, yes and Gamblin's radiant green.

I gave myself a year to explore in my Wednesday Saddlerock Painters' Group that I host at my studio. Now I have to decide if I shall continue the experimentation thru next year?


In The Green Room - VIP
By Johanna Spinks
36 x 36"
Via Palette Knife
Green eyes?

Smooch



No comments: