Instagram

Monday, September 28, 2009

Round of Applause!


AS I am traveling abroad getting to my ultimate destination, words are short...

I had a GREAT night in New York attending the 150th Anniversary of The Artists' Fellowship at The National Arts Club, honoring Everett Raymond Kinstler, N.A.. I was thrilled to be among 150 small painting panels up for auction to raise money for The AF. Some GREAT artistic company to be in!

I even got to stay at The National Arts Club for the first time ever. A treat to really be able to look at the artwork on the walls there late at night in my pyjamas. Sshhhh...

But most of all in my brief post, I have to say don't miss this link. The day before the above event, a special event happened in the portrait world ...see coverage of Everett Raymond Kinstler's incredible portrait of baseball legend Tommy Lasorda being unveiled into the Smithsonian Institute!!! I had a tear in my eye.

3 comments:

Roseanne McIlvane said...

You are always so humble, which is what makes you so special! The painting of Lasorda is phenominal!! I have worked with Mr. Lasorda, Tommy, as he prefers to be called on numerous occassions as well as Steve Harvey....one day I will have to scan an image I have with him that I actually like!! You will without a doubt have a stupendous adventure in France...Painting, enjoying some good wine/cheese and what ever delights the region has to offer!! Looking forward to reading your blog....which is always entertaining! Hope to see you upon your return xo R

Marian Fortunati said...

I'm so glad you are having such a great time!!!
I had seen the article about Lasorda's painting by Mr. Kinstler, but enjoyed reading it again.
What a gift you have to enjoy his friendship and mentoring.
Always love reading of your adventures!!

Johanna Spinks said...

Mr. Kinstler's portrait of Lasorda is as good as painting gets! Masterful in the extreme.