Instagram

Monday, October 18, 2010

Pass The Pastel...365 Days of Drawing





For the first time in my daily drawing challenge, I tried pastel rather than my usual charcoal/oil/gouache combo along with a different heavy-weight drawing paper. I liked what I got although this drawing took me away from what I should have been painting this afternoon. I let myself relax and take time to smell the drawing roses, although I need to re-do the earring on the left tomorrow.
Drawings from the weekend will be posted tomorrow.


4 comments:

Shelley Smart said...

Just beautiful! You should use pastel more often! I love the textures and well, just all of it!

Johanna Spinks said...

Thanks Shelley, I think you were in class when I took the photo reference for this...did you do the Channel Islands workshop?

Marian Fortunati said...

I love the expression on her face!

Shelley Smart said...

Oh, yeah. I've got the whole trip as I experienced it posted on A Year at the Beach, including a few of my favorite paintings from the adventure. Check it out!

PS don't remember this model...