Instagram

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tutu 4 U...365 Days of Drawing





NEW SEMESTER now beginning at The California Art Institute, Wednesday morning. (805)496-6906

A new class began yesterday and good to see some old faces return to be taught by me. I find it an honor when people place their learning in me and come back for more.

Time was short in the class yesterday but I did do this little quick sketch of a ballerina in a tutu from the Bolshoi Ballet which our lovely model/dancer Leah brought in. I love tutus. Not sure why.

Making sure I got those feet on the canvas, at exactly the point I wanted them, all came down to measuring. My first attempt got wiped off because I wanted to include more of the back of the tutu.

TUTU 4 You
9x12, oil, $200

3 comments:

LindaHunt said...

Nice one Johanna! I always love paintings of dancers. Good luck with your class...I wish I were there!

Anonymous said...

I adore this! Just fantastic Johanna!

Anonymous said...

I adore this! Just fantastic Johanna!