Instagram

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Surf's Up, Face of Malibu, Sitter 29.

Surfboard collector John Mazza is my latest Face of Malibu sitter. He knows Malibu like the back of his hand starting a surfboard museum at Pepperdine University and sitting on many organizational boards.

The single life sitting was a good one and the conversation flowed. We covered a lot of Malibu topics as my brush painted his face. Plus he has a really interesting face to paint and I loved the shapes in his hair. The Face of Malibu is my ongoing portrait painting series kindly featured monthly in The Malibu Times. It is the second town I have painted, the first being The Face of Ventura, appearing for two years in The Ventura Breeze, and now in the permanent collection of the Museum of Ventura County.



John Mazza
Face of Malibu, sitter 29


Read more about John's life story here:
http://www.malibutimes.com/malibu_life/article_cc585494-b876-11e4-8ff6-732cd06f2956.html

No comments: