Instagram

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Cheers! A Painting Toast To California

Cheers! Some good news. This painting of mine just got accepted into "A Toast To California Regional and Seasonal Show" run by the prestigious California Art Club.

As followers of this blog will know, this is from a series of paintings I am slowly working on called "High Days and Holidays" which I enjoy doing between my portrait commissions.

I have been blessed this year with some juried competition success with these paintings which is very rewarding including the "On Location in Malibu Show"at the Frederick R. Weisman Museum, closing today and the spring CAC "Romancing Europe" show.

I do these paintings just for myself to explore the play of light and color and the joy of life I see around me.  My heart and whimsy sure go into them. At first I was a little nervous putting them out into the world. But I am told when you feel this way about your art, it is a very good sign.

I hope you like...


"Cambria Wine Festival"
By Johanna Spinks
12x16"
oil on linen panel
To see more of my fine art gallery, please visit
http://www.johannaspinks.com

Show details here:
http://www.californiaartclub.org/exhibitions/upcoming-exhibitions/









1 comment:

Mary Aslin said...

This is just a great painting, Johanna. You caught the right movement of all of the figures...the perfect head tilts and expressions. Really great!!!