Instagram

Sunday, August 16, 2015

The Dawn Of A New Day via Palette Knife

Dawn Of A New Day - Kim
By Johanna Spinks
Oil on linen via palette knife
All images copyrighted
www.johannaspinks.com



It has taken me a while to get this portrait on canvas with my palette knife. I met this beautiful young lady last year learning about her very inspiring life story which I can't share here but I am hoping my painting of her shows my depth of feeling for this outstanding young woman.

Kim is one of those types of people that teaches others through her life story more than she could possibly know. We started out with a life sitting and then my palette knife took over from there. It wasn't an easy flow, as often happens when you are so engaged in something as an artist, and want to get it just right.

I may still have a bit of tweaking to do but the story in paint feels mostly told. Thank you Kim.


No comments: