Instagram

Monday, March 13, 2017

Standing Room Only...

It was standing room only at the Museum of Ventura County's show "A Woman's March" this weekend showcasing mementos and art from women who attended this historical march.

 I was honored to have one of my recent large palette knife portraits displayed so beautifully there. My portrait was of a hat maker I found on ETSY called Racheal who was knitting up 100s of these hats. I was fascinated by her so decided to paint her recording this unique time in history, whichever side of the political fence you find yourself on.

The show runs thru March 25th at the Museum. Catch it.


"The Hat Maker -Racheal"
by Johanna Spinks
Oil on canvas
Via palette knife.
36x36"
For sale thru Saachi Online
Standing room only. Show had only been opened 10 minutes at this point!

With Museum creator Anna Bermudez. Love this  talented lady and her support of us artists. 
Hanging near a Time Cover is always good.

Chatting with Congresswoman  Julia Brownley

Edibles

Showables
I love this photo of the installer. Makes me smile
Thank you  Racheal. 


No comments: