Instagram

Sunday, April 3, 2011

California Gold Rush...







Whatta weekend! My solo show opened to a full house on Friday night. Better than gold. Then a race Saturday to The California Art Club Gold Medal 100th Anniversary Show Reception at The Pasadena Museum of California Art where my painting 'Geek Chic' appears. A lovely brunch followed Sunday, given by CAC, for the artists in the show. Again, pure gold.

Thanks to everyone who made the weekend so very special...I was in some very lovely gold company all weekend long.

Now I just want to paint! No more organizing and worrying about shows. NO more anything....just paint!

Details coming about how to purchase my limited edition book '365 Days of Drawing' which comes with a high quality print of the book cover which is of course GOLD!

2 comments:

Gwen Bell said...

Johanna, I'm so proud of you I could just POP! This show looks spectacular. I would have given anything to be there. So glad that I could watch it come together piece by piece on your Blog. I marvel at the dedication and commitment it took to create this large body of work. Seeing all of the painting displayed in one space really brings home visually just how large that commitment really was! Absolutely Fabulous!!!

Kim Blair said...

I concur with Gwen! What a fabulous visual treat to see this large body of work. The piece hanging behind the food, the 'lady in red' makes quite the statement!
And you my dear, look gorgeous in your black dress.
Hope you sold lots of work.
Kim