Instagram

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Going For Gold


"Going for Gold"
oil on linen panel
9"x12"
$500
$5 shipping
PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!"


The lovely and ever so gracious Ms. Barbara Meister, this week's Face of Ventura sitter.

Read her amazing life story in The Ventura Breeze, online, here

The joy of portrait painting, making new friends!

Gold shoes set up.


"Vintage Lace"
oil on linen panel
 9x12
$500.00
$5 shipping
PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!">


A busy week in the studio. There was a portrait commission to really enjoy, gold shoes to paint, a new Face of Ventura in the press, and a model in a vintage black lace dress that just needed my attention - oh yes, and two FULL teaching days to contend with.

What do all these have in common? Nothing, except the enjoyment of painting it ALL from life, from portraits to gold shoes and black lace. My mentor Mr. Everett Raymond Kinstler, N.A., who I remain eternally grateful for, has always advised his students to paint everything. Not just portraits.

So gold shoes from my closet, a black lace dress I wore in 1984 to a nightclub (custom made for me and out of mothballs), a sitter, the delightful Ms. Barbara Meister ( a new friend), and a lovely lady by Koi pond, on commission, all demand my studio art eye this week.

I feel blessed. How about you?

2 comments:

Portrait Painting said...

Great achievement,good colors use.Thank you sharing sharing...

Johanna Spinks said...

Thank you PP.