Instagram

Friday, May 2, 2014

A Chapter Ends

A chapter ends. After almost 9 years teaching scores of students at The California Art Institute I decided it was time for me to leave this week and bring things home.

A weekly teaching class, painting the figure from life, will now start at my own studio on Wednesdays. To be honest, it is long overdue.

So this demo I did for CAI on Sunday, demo'd for free to highlight portrait art, is especially poignant to me as it is the last time I will paint within those four walls as a faculty member.

I must have done hundreds of sketches and demos at CAI if you count the students paintings I 're-worked' over too. It baffles my mind actually. I have been so honored to help so many on their own art journey at CAI, those students indeed helping my own.

Change is good. I like it.

"Zhanna" Portrait Demo By Johanna Spinks
California Art Institute April 2014
SOLD

close-up
Everyone's happy - phew


The Beginning

30 minutes in, color blocking






No comments: