Instagram

Saturday, July 11, 2009

My Student Show - Wine and Cheese Moment!


I was thrilled to see so many great artists put in their work for my student show at Graphaids in Agoura Hills, CA. THANK YOU. 

I love the diversity of the work and individual style of each artist.  That has always been important to me as a teacher, that a person develops his/her own individual style and voice. Ones' own personal art voice IS the most important thing and the hardest thing, I find, to develop. It is what separates the men from the boys!

This show showcases  students of mine from the last three years from various venues where I have taught in L.A. many of them now enjoying success in their own well-deserved right. I have learned as much from my students as I have taught them, for sure!!! They push me just as I push them. That for me is the point of teaching. I am also thrilled I remain in contact with so many and count them among my good  friends.

 I think the work looks great on the wall. This pix shows a small sample of what's up there. Thank you to ALL.

We will have a Wine and Cheese moment:

Graphaids,  30135 Agoura Road,Agoura Hills, Ca.

Thursday July 23rd, from 4 to 6pm.

Thanks also to Nicole at Graphaids for all her hard work and support. She is a delight!

No comments: