Instagram

Monday, April 12, 2010

Packing it in...365 Days of Drawing...


Who wants to draw in the evening when one has to pack and be up at 3 a.m. to travel? All I can say is, a drawing challenge wouldn't be a challenge without these kind of errr....challenging not so warm and fuzzy moments.

So, my thirty minutes tonight were spent on pure and simple "quick gesture drawing" knowing I will need it for the next week out and about with my sketch book. Capturing that quick rapid two second moment, maybe at the airport at 5am, for sure in a coffee shop or two.

A hearty thanks to Glenn Vilppu, my drawing idol, a man who has influenced my art profoundly. Master of quick sketch and then some. If you don't know who he is, you probably should if you care about drawing.

HE IS THE LIVING DRAWING MASTER...http://www.vilppustudio.com/

I bow to him and have done for years...

Reminder...I will be drawing the next six days in NY but I will not be posting here or on FACEBOOK.

2 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

I hope you have a wonderful time Johanna!

Johanna Spinks said...

thanks Marian...I did!