Instagram

Friday, September 17, 2010

Through The Eyes of A Child...365 Days of Drawing




I was very taken with this angel of a little boy who came to visit my studio the other day. He was transfixed by me doing a drawing for the challenge and asked THE most intelligent questions about art as he looked around the studio. His great-grandfather was a famous artist who painted magnificent murals in churches and it is clear this young man is heading for a career in the arts.

The other pix I post are from the studio day yesterday. A portrait commission, meeting and painting a very lovely lady in a single three hour sitting. Boy, what a privilege it is to do this kind of work. I love meeting new people and getting to paint them. It just doesn't get any better for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

excellent work Johanna! love your handling of paint in portraits

Johanna Spinks said...

thank you so much rahina...I owe it all to a great teacher Mr. Everett Raymond Kinstler, NA. And there is so much more to LEARN!