Instagram

Saturday, February 6, 2010

In The Pink...365 Days of Drawing




Anyone who knows me knows I love a good hat.

This is my new Molly Moppit hat worn by the very talented artist who made it Rainey Gibney, the owner of The Josie Baggley Company http://thejosiebaggleycompany.blogspot.com/

I thought it would make a whimsical drawing and I loved Rainey's peaches and cream complexion and impish look.

It all started before I went to Dinan, France, and found her lively fun blog. Her art is very appealing to me. Full of whimsy and mischief. We got chatting through blogshere, then I painted her pink house, where Rainey used to live, when I got to Dinan just for fun. It was a cold day...but I kept at my sketch.

Anyho, our chats have continued and a good old barter system was worked out. The Chocolate Box House is now on the way to its rightful owner in Ireland. And my Bon Bon confection of a hat is on its' way to me.

SOLD

4 comments:

Rainey J. Dillon said...

Johanna... I love ya! It's just lovely. I'm so touched (alot would agree!)Thankyou! . You are truly so extremely naturally talented. I'm so proud to know you.It's difficult to express my admiration toward you. I have to stop now or your head will be too huge to fit into your Bon Bon Hat! You deserve everything your kind heart desires. I mean this sincerely.

Rainey
x

LuLu Kellogg said...

Hi Johanna~
I just popped over from Railey's Blog...I just LOVE the portrait you painted of her. You work is SO lovely!!
Warmly,
LuLu Kellogg ♥

Debby said...

WOW!!! So many beautiful paintings, gorgeous, gorgeous.
debby

Rhonda Hartis Smith said...

What an interesting story, and yes I do believe the barter system is alive and well. I've really enjoyed your drawings each day--very inspiring! Love the hat and your painting of the pink house.