Instagram

Thursday, August 26, 2010

FEEL THE FEAR...365 Days of Drawing

Feel the fear and do it anyway.

One thing I have learned as a teacher is that when you take harder props in for the class and set up harder poses for students to paint, it is going to be a more demanding and difficult class to teach. Hard to even think of doing a demo too when quite a lot of 'hands-on' teaching is going to be required.

But a leap of faith in all directions has to be taken.

Teaching demo from my class yesterday at The California Art Institute. And my drawing for the day.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful. Glad you took the leap of faith.

Roseanne said...

I love this!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

Ahhhh... what DON"T I like about this? Love the turn of her body, the treatment of the fabric - and you did this in FRONT of a class!

Johanna Spinks said...

Thank you all very much. I kinda liked this one quietly. Hard to put stuff out so publicly when you have only just done them. Sometimes they need to sit for a while. Ahhh...a daily challenge...

Dana Cooper said...

I love the almost abstract quality to this one Johanna, beautiful!!