Instagram

Saturday, June 18, 2011

It's A Dog's Life..


My mistress is bored of doing her blog so has handed it over to me for today.

My name is Bentley Azure. I am a very smart silky terrier and handsome in a canine sort of way which you can see in my distinguished portrait here which was featured in The New York Times a few years ago. What a 'DOUBLE WOOF' surprise that was.

SHE didn't do a bad job of my likeness but I think there is 'something' wrong about the mouth" for sure.

As a trusted studio companion for nine years now and I have seen it all, from the fur flying on the bad painting days to being served fresh chopped liver on a silver platter on the good.

Unfortunately the bad days seem to outweigh the good from where I sit and observe - and I am often treated just LIKE chopped liver, only once in a while allowed to sit on that comfy red portrait throne in HER studio.

This weekend is quiet after a busy studio week. . A party tonight. A portrait sketch to finish tomorrow. Hopefully that will mean some good quality 'curl up' on the couch time while SHE is distracted with those little black sticks that look like they come from the garden.


4 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Bentley and Johanna
You are the featured artist at TAD this week
cheers
Kim

Johanna Spinks said...

Thanks Kim..that is wonderful news.

Marie Theron said...

Congratulations Johanna, I just noticed that you were selected Artist of the Week by Top Artists Directory!

Gwen Bell said...

This little dog portrait is so delightful! Love your style and the way you've portrayed such personality with quick strokes.