Instagram

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Teacup Madness


Tin Cup of Old
By Johanna Spinks
Oil on Linen Panel
Sold
Morning friends:

Yes, you can still get your free teacup print thru' November by signing up for my newsletter above!

So what's the story behind today's teacup? I am often inspired by stories from the Old West so when I saw this beaten-up little tin teacup, I knew it had stories of old trails to tell.  A welcomed  cup of tea by a  night camp fire after a hard day battling the elements, traversing a brutal and windy terrain.

I painted this little guy with a lot of love thinking of those bygone historical times, particularly important on today's Election Day in The United States.'

I am proud to be an American having gotten my citizenship a few years back, but only after quite some effort to get it.  Today reminds me of that.  The journey. The trail.

GET OUT AND VOTE!

And have a cup of tea while you are at it.

Cookie on the side. American chocolate chip, all the way.

See ya
Johanna


No comments: