Instagram

Saturday, June 12, 2010

OCD...365 Days of Drawing



A touch of OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) is good for an artist I find. Don't you?

I erased my 'challenge' drawing from the day before and re-did it yesterday searching for 'the feel' I was after. I then painted the drawing, getting the feel I wanted pretty quickly unlike before when I was drawing through molasses.

The angle and crop of the hat took me the most time. The expression coming much more easily than before. Now what shall I do today for the challenge? Any ideas?

"Last Dance?"
8" x 10"
Oil on Linen Panel


7 comments:

Shelley Smart said...

Okay, you're right -- this drawing is better and the painting is charming!

Shelley

duplicate comment, different address!

Portrait Painting By Johanna Spinks said...

Ah...was that the problem with your lost posts, then?
Thanks Shelley I like charming.

Portrait Painting By Johanna Spinks said...

Ah...was that the problem with your lost posts, then?
Thanks Shelley I like charming.

Roseanne said...

I like this but must admit I loved the "dark" drawing ....but then that's me....always loved a bad boy!!!

Marian Fortunati said...

It's amazing what subtle differences can change the character of a drawing or a face.

I like these.... But then I think they are all great!

Portrait Painting By Johanna Spinks said...

oh Rosie...you and your bad boys...the dark one definitely had a certain feel..

Portrait Painting By Johanna Spinks said...

Yes, Marian, I am constantly amazed the effect those slight changes have. Although this was a complete redraw.