Instagram

Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Demo Re-do..What was I thinking?


I have a part of me that just can't rest until I have solved a niggling art puzzle in my mind. The jigsaw pieces of learning.

Somewhat unhappy with yesterday's demo in my teaching class, see previous blog post, I allowed myself some time today to do a study from that class demo to figure out for myself what I would have liked to have seen come off my brush.

This is what I was thinking:

*too slap-dash looking
*not sensitive enough
*NOT THE SHIMMER EFFECT I WANTED ON THAT LOVELY SKIN
*you can do so much better
*don't let sleeping dogs (demos) lie. learn from them.

So this is what I am now thinking:

* I am glad I worked on my art puzzle.
* it is rewarding.
*it is part of the journey
*paint by numbers much easier - and possibly in my future

1 comment:

Roseanne said...

I actually like both paintings! I love the cooler tones in the 1st and the warmer tones in the 2nd actually give a more youthful appearance.