Instagram

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Face of Ventura By Johanna Spinks



This is Mati Waiya, this week's sitter for my Face of Ventura project. Mati is a Chumash ceremonial leader and dolphin dancer and founder of The Wishtoyo Foundation.

I have now painted twenty sitters for this project. You can catch each one on The Lyn Fairley Show Saturdays at noon KVTA News Talk Radio 1520 AM

It was the first time someone has burned sage in my studio before I started a painting of them to ward off evil shenaningins . I liked the feel of that and might make it a habit.

2 comments:

David Magallanes said...

Burning sage...a ritual befitting the commencement of another divinely-inspired work of art. Art is, after all, a creative process, and good spirits rush in to fill the vacuum left by the departure of the evil ones.
When can we see each other, Johanna, for me to pick up my latest purchase? Friday afternoon through the weekend is fairly open for me.

Johanna Spinks said...

Friday afternoon good. She is waiting there for you. Bring some sage with you...jsx