Instagram

Monday, March 29, 2010

Love, love me do...365 Days of Drawing









Top 10 Reasons to miss front row seats at a Paul McCartney show to do a public demo...

1. I believe in keeping commitments.

2. Portrait demos are good for me. The skill-set of painting in public and talking about your work while painting requires regular practise.

3. I had a GREAT sitter, Gayle Sherman Hooker, stunt-double extraordinaire, currently on "Desperate Housewives". Thank you marvelous Gayle.

3. You meet some great new art friends. Thanks to The Valley Artists Guild in Encino, CA., http://www.valleyartistsguild.org/for hosting me and the friendly warm reception. John Paul Thornton and Scott Kiche, you are such gents!

4. You get a good nights' sleep the night before.

5. You skip the wine on a Saturday night.

6. You skip the garlic.

7. You get 'groomed' and out of your sweats on a Sunday.

8. You practice your drawing of the head ahead of time. I was kinda doing that anyway.

9. You get your 'daily drawing' for the 365 day challenge over and done with DURING the day.

10. After demo, you realize how extraordinarily lucky you are to have been helped so much to get to this point. A few years ago, I NEVER saw myself doing public demos. Thank you Mr. K.

I would not have missed this opportunity to paint for The Valley Artists Guild.

Love, love me do...you know I love you!
SOLD


6 comments:

Roseanne said...

I love this, but really the light bulb going off out of your head? Haaa! It's ok, you don't have to post this!!!

Johanna Spinks said...

Yes, I know.
Even worse, I was holding it. Desperate measures to light quickly...

Funny, YOU makeup gal.

Filomena said...

Thank you so much Johanna! I feel so inspired by your project, it makes it more real and possible to me to achieve good results in drawing and painting. Way to go. I support you in your commitment to draw something every day.

Filomena

Dixie Kee said...

Very nice, this one has movement! Wish I could have been there to watch you work. It is amazing how you can focus on your work and talk at the same time. I can't even do that while driving.

Johanna Spinks said...

Filomena: I have had a few people I don't know, like you, from far away say similar words. It is very profound for me. That through this "thing" I can somehow inspire others.

Huge...thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. It means a lot to me.

Where are you based?

Johanna Spinks said...

Dixie: HI!!!! How are you darlink. I can' t do that while I am driving either, so there...

How are you?