Instagram

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I QUIT?...365 Days of Drawing




This was one of those drawings that you want to put your fist through. I started it last night and it was painful progress. I put it down thinking "That's it. I quit. This drawing isn't going to work." The light and shadow pattern was very SUBTLE making things harder.

I picked it up a bit later and tweaked some more, thinking:"Ok. Now it has some hope. I will finish it tomorrow...maybe"

A good night's sleep and I went straight back to the drawing board this morning with my coffee in hand to have another go. I am glad I did. And I am glad I didn't quit.

Puzzling how sometimes we are just not in the drawing zone no matter what. I post the images of today and yesterday, TOTAL drawing time ...hmmm. certainly MORE than half an hour each day, the challenge I committed to ten months ago.


7 comments:

Michelle said...

So lovely and delicate! I'm glad you didn't give up on it!

Sandra Evertson said...

Adore your works!

Sandra Evertson

Angela said...

I think all us artists have moments like that. I know I do :). Your work is incredible! Nice job :)

Marian Fortunati said...

This is gorgeous, Johanna.... I'm really glad you didn't quit also!

Kim Blair said...

Your perseverance paid off Johanna... this delicate drawing is lovely.
Kim

Dixie Kee said...

Nothing like a good nights sleep. It is beautiful!

Johanna Spinks said...

Thank you everyone...a few days have gone by and I too am glad I stuck with it...what a journey this art thng is!