Instagram

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

How to Paint Flowers...FAST



Lunch is served in Mark Twain's garden on my recent visit. Crumbly quiche and crisp salad devoured in a Martha Stewart 'eat your heart out' kinda delish way!

I feel I have done an o.k. job of painting 'Day Lilies' in the garden in the morning.

But I desire to paint a mixed arrangement of flowers in the afternoon, challenged that the flowers grow in seemingly 'same sex' floral garden borders, as glorious as they are!!

WHAT TO DO?

I have my answer. I notice my most gracious gifted artist hostess Susan Durkee http://www.susandurkee.com/ has a vase of combined CUT flowers from her most impressive Mark Twain garden http://www.thelobsterpotstudio.com/ in the kitchen window sill while watching her preen the quiche. I grab the vase, with her permission, and place it on a table outside. Susan even adds a few blue flowers for me, the perfect host that she is.

WHAT TO DO NEXT?

SQUINT

MASS THE VALUES

WORK WITH BIG BRUSH

KEEP COLOR CLEAN

WORK FAST WITH A SUN DRENCHED HEART

NO REGRETS - EVEN THE SECOND SLICE OF QUICHE

"Sun Drenched"
6" x 8", framed
$350.00
$10.00 - shipping








3 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

Johanna... I'm loving these !!!!

Marie Theron said...

Johanna, I loved reading this enjoyable post. And well done on painting this so fast and with divided attention ( the quiche was calling you away, not so?)The end result was perfect! The blog as a whole has a very pleasant look too!

Johanna Spinks said...

Thank you Marian and Marie