Instagram

Monday, August 20, 2018

Summer Event Painting

I was recently commissioned by a lovely couple to paint a special anniversary party at their home in the mountains.

These twinkling lights were a lot of work, along with the people,  but very fun to paint and I am happy to say well received at the painting's presentation this weekend. I love painting light and party dresses so it was a win-win for me as an artist.

 I also compiled a large journal of watercolor sketches from this event, see video below,  which I started onsite at the party. I sketched the actual party scene, the cocktail hour, the dessert and champagne bar, the gift table, the couple's first dance and even the hostess's party shoes as they were amazing.

I used all this watercolor reference to help create the final oil painting in my studio. The couple also got to keep the watercolor journal.

I am looking forward to paiting more twinkling party light commissions.  Stay tuned.


Mid-Summer Night's Eve
30x24"
By Johanna Spinks
Event Painting
SOLD




No comments: