Instagram

Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Lazy Hazy Days of Summer?

Recently, between my portrait commissions, I have been painting some new figurative pieces of kids at the beach, inspired by my own kids' childhoods, growing up at the beach.

It is a theme that I find gives me a lot of joy. I love to play with color especially.  I admire the painters of sunshine like Sorolla, Potthast, Sargent , Azaro, to name a few. It's not so easy to capture sunshine at the  beach. Here's to more!

I am happy to say two have already sold. You can find more at the Daily Paintworks site, link top right on my sidebar. I paint these fairly fast so I am able to make my daily paintings affordable for all art collectors' budgets.


"Bucket List"
By Johanna Spinks
9x12"
Oil on panel via palette knife
Available.
"Ice-cream Sunday"
By Johanna Spinks
Oil on panel via palette knife
9x12"
SOLD
"Paddling Day"
By Johanna Spinks
5x7"
Oil on board via palette knife
SOLD

No comments: