Instagram

Monday, September 20, 2010

Dancing Tutus...365 Days of Drawing


I was bored out of mind with the drawing challenge last night and felt the need to step outside of my comfort zone and do something different. So I got a bottle of brown ink and a brush which I haven't used before and dashed out some gesture sketches. The ink came out thick and heavy. I really didn't care about perfection. The tutus were a must tho'.

The second image is from Saturday's drawing for the challenge. The START drawing of a commission. I decided to change the pose from an earlier sketch to a standing one, and I will use the head study from life, also posted, to remind me of a few details of the head as I work from the photos taken at shoot.

2 comments:

SUSAN RODEN said...

Fantastic, fun + frilly tutus!
And enjoy seeing your work process Johanna.

Johanna Spinks said...

thank you Susan.