Instagram

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Oil Painters of America

It's that time of the year again, waiting to hear if one has got into The Oil Painters's of America National Show which attracts thousands of entries from super talented artists.  The results will be out this week.

This is my entry this year. A portrait of a local artist who walked into my studio one day wearing this unique headpiece she had created in neon pink,  including the Georgia O'keefe-esque skull which caught my eye. As a portrait artist, I live for moments like this. I knew right away I had to paint her.

I hope you like. I also hope I get into the show otherwise you might need  to swing by my studio to mop my tears.


2 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

Love the pink reflected light on her cheek!!

I wish you luck!

Johanna Spinks said...

Boo hoo