Instagram

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Stick at it...


The Early Hours
 12x16
Palette Knife, Oil.
Johanna Spinks

Morning friends...

I started this portrait in the early hours of the morning when, unable to sleep,  painting seemed like a good idea. Of course, I lost much of the next day feeling tired but I liked what I got on this portrait, done with a palette knife and nothing else. The face was done very quickly.

Inspiration strikes! Don't we love it when that happens?

 I finished it up yesterday but it was much slower going than at 3am in the morning.  Stuff that should have been easy was like walking in molasses. But I got there.

I am glad I stuck with it. I believe in sticking with things. What do you stick at for results? Now, let's take on the day.


1 comment:

Roseanne said...

Your discipline is incredible...that's why your work is AMAZING!!!