Instagram

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Cosmopolitan - Figure Drawing

It's been a busy week in the studio so far starting two new large portrait commissions but I have also taken some time to do some drawing in the evening. This is a technique you maybe remember seeing a lot of in my 365 Days of Drawing Challenge, successfully completed, and featured in American Artist Magazine in 2011.

I feel in tip top shape after some time spent at my drawing board away from actual easel time.  There is a saying: "If you  don't practice your drawing it will soon disappear", and I think never a truer word has been spoken. Drawing is a separate discipline from painting although the two go hand in hand at the easel.

Drawing the full figure often flexes the drawing muscle.

I'll post another tomorrow.

"Cosmopolitan"
12" x 18"
Mixed media on paper
For sale at my online store
$395.00
here



No comments: