Instagram

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Veuve Cliquot - Figure Drawing

Here's another drawing I worked on this week using a technique I first saw in Barcelona done by the amazing street portrait painters there.

It is actually oil rubbed on paper, not charcoal. The second time I went back to Barcelona I specifically looked for a street artist who could spoke english and explain the technique to me. I was lucky enough to find someone. I remember boring my two young children in tow and the very gracious female artist who shared freely with me.

So on return to the U.S.  I started to work with this technique really fine-tuning it in 2010 when I drew every day for a year.

I am still really grateful I did that year in drawing. It changed me as an artist and is very much part of who I am and how I think today.

Enjoy.

"Veuve Cliquot"
By Johanna Spinks
12"x 18"
Oil on Paper
$395.00
For purchase at my online store
here

1 comment: