Instagram

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Got It TIed Up...365 Days of Drawing..


I have the seventh month of my uninterrupted daily drawing challenge all tied up like the back of a tight corset. Ready to start the eighth month today with some oomph and purpose.

Today's drawing, I revisited my earlier large format drawings , 18' x 24", using a mixed media approach I enjoy. Charcoal, oil, watercolor, gouache, and white chalk. Not quite sure this all comes together but it does if I take my time. Oil and water does mix afterall.

I am hoping this month is going to be easier than the last...drawing time here about one and a half hours.

PINK,
daily drawing series
18" x 24", mixed media on paper
$200

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The use of mixed media just works great for this piece. Love the cropped figure & the pink nail polish. Nice touch!

Pam Holnback said...

Love the composition; great cropping. The finished/unfinished - ness of this is so appealing.

Johanna Spinks said...

Thank you Kelley and Pam...wasn't so sure about this piece...maybe too much.

But I sure had fun.