Instagram

Friday, March 12, 2010

68th DAY!!! ...365 Days of Drawing Challenge


I decided to go back to basics last night spending time with the masters really thinking things through. Where I have come from in my drawing past? And where am I going? Especially around this challenge.

As I have said before, it has taken me a long time to work out how I want to draw. Paralysis by analysis. Now I know.

It is only mid-March and I was feeling this week it was a very long road ahead to complete this challenge. Did I even want to? This drawing marks the 68th DAY I HAVE DRAWN no matter what and blogged, Facebooked, and Twittered it. Stomach flu, travel, workload, commitments aside.

Well, yes I do want to continue. I see my skill set improving all around. But I want to make sure I use my time well and come out a better artist at the other end. I also feel the need to not be quite so 'in people's face" on a daily basis. To create my art a little quieter.

I need to turn my computer off for a while so I will NOT be posting my drawings this weekend but I WILL be drawing each day as usual.

I will resume posting my daily drawings three times a week. Some nights I will do single drawings, others I will use my 30 minutes toward a slow drawing I build up over a few nights, photo'ing each step of the daily effort.

This drawing which I am naming "The Thinker" for sale through my blog. It is a study of a master drawing.

10" x 12"

1 comment:

Marian Fortunati said...

Good for you, Johanna!!!