Top 10 Reasons to miss front row seats at a Paul McCartney show to do a public demo...
1. I believe in keeping commitments.
2. Portrait demos are good for me. The skill-set of painting in public and talking about your work while painting requires regular practise.
3. I had a GREAT sitter, Gayle Sherman Hooker, stunt-double extraordinaire, currently on "Desperate Housewives". Thank you marvelous Gayle.
3. You meet some great new art friends. Thanks to The Valley Artists Guild in Encino, CA., http://www.valleyartistsguild.org/for hosting me and the friendly warm reception. John Paul Thornton and Scott Kiche, you are such gents!
4. You get a good nights' sleep the night before.
5. You skip the wine on a Saturday night.
6. You skip the garlic.
7. You get 'groomed' and out of your sweats on a Sunday.
8. You practice your drawing of the head ahead of time. I was kinda doing that anyway.
9. You get your 'daily drawing' for the 365 day challenge over and done with DURING the day.
10. After demo, you realize how extraordinarily lucky you are to have been helped so much to get to this point. A few years ago, I NEVER saw myself doing public demos. Thank you Mr. K.
I would not have missed this opportunity to paint for The Valley Artists Guild.
Love, love me do...you know I love you!